CDSG Forums Forum Index CDSG Forums
A place to discuss all aspects of Coast Artillery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fort Wooster, CT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CDSG Forums Forum Index -> American Coast Defense
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnabhain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Fort Wooster, CT? Reply with quote

I'll be travening down south this week and plan to hit a few CT forts on the way down. I plan on visiting Ft. Wooster and was wondering if anyone knows the disposition of the powder magazine there? I've seen a few mentions of it, mainly copied from old reports and few local comments on a "cave" at the fort. Mainly wondering if it's collapsed, destroyed or still there. Couldn't tell from google maps.
donnabhain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm down in TN permanantly, miss the forts up in New England! Not much coast here lol We do have the largest inland masonry fort in Nashville but from what I can tell it's mainly a rebuild from the CCC days. Traffic and the sun prevented me from checking out any of the forts down in CT Sad I did read a news article saying there was going to be a "friends of Fort Wooster" formed, gonna try contacting them to see what shape it's in Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CDSG Forums Forum Index -> American Coast Defense All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: