CDSG Forums Forum Index CDSG Forums
A place to discuss all aspects of Coast Artillery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for John Bennett

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt Haze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Looking for John Bennett Reply with quote

Aloha, I'm looking for contact information for John Bennett, a formerly prolific CDSG Journal poster on Hawaiian coast defense topics.

He wrote a (non-CDSG) report on Dillingham Field (on the northern coast of Oahu) in the early 1990s - the pictures are online but the report isn't. I'm hoping to find a copy of his report.

Coast Defense relevance - as a boy one of the managers here at my job camped at Dillingham and got to see a Nike missile training launch that took place at Dillingham or just west.
armyjunk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent John a note he will get back to you.......................
Kaneoheboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for John Bennett Reply with quote

Sgt. Haze,

Contact me at: bennettj009@hawaiiantel.net.

Thanks Roger.

-John
Z-man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

formerly prolific? I guess he hasn't read the Journal in a while...I was just enjoying your piece on Baker Island.
Sgt Haze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am delighted to hear you're still writing - I'm really enjoying the articles I've seen already. I grew up on Kauai but until this decade had no idea there were any coast defense works in Hawaii other than Fort Derussy and the Diamond Head fire control station. I wish I'd gotten started on this when I was at UH studying maritime archaeology and history.

Sorry about the "formerly" prolific...I'm still catching up my CDSG reading - I'm doing archaeological work in Honolulu and just recently got my employers to buy all the Hawaii docs and the news/journal/newsletter through the end of 2009 on 2 DVDs, so I've been fishing for data on coast defense works at Fort Armstrong and Punchbowl for myself and for Kahe Point for a co-worker.

Another archaeologist was looking for info on Dillingham and asked me if I had any contact info for John, and this seemed a likely venue to ask on. Thanks very much for the help.

Sgt Haze

And let me say thanks to all who've posted articles!
Kaneoheboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for John Bennett Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments regarding Baker Island Z-man. I have been called many things in the past, prolific is one of the good ones.

-John Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CDSG Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: