CDSG Forums Forum Index CDSG Forums
A place to discuss all aspects of Coast Artillery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tours at Ft. Hancock for December

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chief Of Breech

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Tours at Ft. Hancock for December Reply with quote

Hey folks - here's what's cooking at Ft. Hancock this December:

History House will be decorated on 1 December as how it would have looked during 1943 - it will be open on Weekends, on the 1-2nd, 8-9th, 15-16th and Wednesdays 12th, 19th, & the 26th. All events listed below pertain to History House

There will be a special Open House on the 8th, with a live band, The John Doe Trio, playing hits from the 40's, 6-8 pm (this will be the "big event" of the lot)

Santa Claus will be at History House on the 9th, from 1-4pm

Live music from the John Doe Trio, playing 1940's Jazz, on the 15th, 12-5 pm

SPECIAL: A lantern tour of Main Post Ft. Hancock, led by me, will be on the evening of the 15th, at 5pm, and we will meet at the Post Theater - if you would like details, please ask! This is a new thing I'm trying to get started at the Fort for our events, and my superiors in the NPS have been pretty warm to it, so it would be wonderful if any folks in the area can come on out. The tour will end at History House with hot spice cider and treats!

And last but not least, there will be a workshop for kids to make old-style Christmas ornaments, such as popcorn garland and paper chains on the 16th, from 1-4 pm.

Hope some folks can make it - have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

-Tom Minton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CDSG Forums Forum Index -> News & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: